Intuitive GPX mapping for the iPhone
Trails is the first GPS iPhone app that allows you to record, import and export tracks onto your iPhone. Trails was featured as an iTunes Staff Favourite!
Record maps while hiking, on bike trips or while jogging directly on your iPhone. Easily import tracks and follow hikes of others!
You can export your tracks with two clicks in the standard GPX Format. This allows you to geotag and geocode your non-iPhone photos (via e.g. HoudahGeo) or to share your track with others via Google Earth, etc. You can find a tutorial on how to geotag your photos using Trails and your iPhone here.
Trails is recommended by MacLife as one of their 101 iPhone Apps.
Trails beats Garmin: A field experiment (german) shows that Trails (2.99 US$) on the iPhone is more precise than the Garmin Edge 305 (200 US$).
- Record waypoints with altitude for multiple tracks (pause and resume as you like)
- Display your tracks and your position on OpenStreetMaps. Maps are only loaded once, so you can see them later again without an internet connection.
- Get live information on your current speed, distance and duration of track
- Import tracks from bikely.com, everytrail.com, mapmyrun.com through the easy search or import a GPX file from a URL
- No internet connection required during tracking - ideal for holidays. (Display of maps requires Internet though).
- Export your tracks along with time stamps as GPX file
- Record with the iPhone™ safely in your pocket
- No registration at any website required. Just install and use the app.
- Select kilometres or miles for display of distance
- Multilingual: Trails is available in
English, French, German, Spanish
And more features planned for the future...